We're licensed to deliver Language for Learning Training
TA survival course
This half day training course provides:
- Links to the new SEN code of practice
- Tools to help you recognise pupils with SLCN
- Key practical strategy ideas to support pupils at a universal level across the curriculum.
- An understanding of the need for collaborative working practices for pupils with SLCN
- The ‘TA Survival Kit’ packed and ready to go to enable you to put what you have learned into practice immediately.
Course date: - 27th September CLICK HERE TO BOOK
Costs - £100 per person or book 2 places for £150 (includes TA survival kit)
Supporting children with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) at Key Stages 1 & 2
This 2 day course covers:
- The Language for Learning ‘Model of Speech, Language and Communication’.
- A whole school and whole class approach to supporting speech, language and communication.
- Audit Tools to help you develop support at a universal level.
- Typical language development and identification tools to help you recognise children with SLCN.
- Exploration of specific language and communication skills – including processing information/instructions, vocabulary development and social communication skills.
- An extensive range of practical strategies to support children in their development.
Join our network of Language Leaders for free CPD events
SSLEUTHS :-Soundswell Screening Language Expression & Understanding Tracker Handbook for Special Schools. Suitable for those who want a simple, practical way to accurately identify language levels and staff working with pupils who are hard to assess. Want to know more, click here for flier
MAKATON foundation course :- A 2 day foundation course - new dates added each term. Contact us for details
PHONOLOGICAL AWARENESS:- coming soon, a course designed to help schools understand and assess phonological awareness skills which impact upon reading
SWAP:- a course designed to support those working with picture exchange systems - FEEDBACK FROM THE LATEST SWAP COURSE IS ON OUR NEWS PAGE click here for details
WELLCOMM:- Our enhanced Wellcomm speech and language toolkit course is a half day - book it for your setting and start seeing measurable progress within weeks ! click here for more details
COMMUNICATE IN PRINT:- Learn how to make visual support tools to create visual timetables, worksheets, communication boards, books, posters, signage to support a Total Communication environment Click here for details .
COSST:- Communication and Symbol Supported Text. A half day course, using colour coding to help children with communication and /or literacy difficulties. Click here for details !
ATTENTION & LISTENING :- Why are attention & listening skills so crucial ?how can we help to develop these core skills? this session includes a copy of our Attention & Listening Groups pack. For more details click here
FIND OUT about Specialist second opinions