We're now offering Language for Learning Training click here to apply
Supporting children with speech, language and communication needs
This 6 session course includes:
- A whole school and whole class approach to supporting speech, language and communication.
- Audit Tools to help you develop support at a universal level.
- Typical language development and identification tools to help you recognise children with SLCN.
- Exploration of specific language and communication skills – including processing information/instructions, vocabulary development and social communication skills.
- An extensive range of practical strategies to support children in their development.
- Time built in for practice and feedback
8th & 22nd November
6th & 20th December
10th & 24th January
Each session runs from 1.30 - 4.30
Cost - £300 per person
Course 2: TA survival course
This half day training course provides:
- Links to the new SEN code of practice
- Tools to help you recognise pupils with SLCN
- Key practical strategy ideas to support pupils at a universal level across the curriculum.
- An understanding of the need for collaborative working practices for pupils with SLCN
- The ‘TA Survival Kit’ packed and ready to go to enable you to put what you have learned into practice immediately.
Course date: - 29th November, 1.30 - 4.30
Costs - £100 per person (includes TA survival kit)
Join our network of Language Leaders FOR FREE CPD EVENTS
We can also design a training plan just for you - empowering staff to build on their existing skills & knowledge
SEE BELOW FOR OUR CURRENT TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES OR CONTACT US TO DISCUSS YOUR SPECIFIC NEEDS
PHONOLOGICAL AWARENESS:- coming soon, a course designed to help schools understand and assess phonological awareness skills which impact upon reading
SWAP:- a course designed to support those working with picture exchange systems - FEEDBACK FROM THE LATEST SWAP COURSE IS ON OUR NEWS PAGE click here for details of this course
WELLCOMM:- Our popular Wellcomm speech and language toolkit course runs every term in one or other of our schools. Click here for details of our summer term course or contact us to book it exclusively for your setting
COMMUNICATE IN PRINT:- Participants learn how to make visual support tools including displays and tables using symbols with text to create visual timetables, worksheets, communication boards, books, posters, signage that support a Total Communication environment to support learning, communication and literacy. Click here for details .
COSST:- Communication and Symbol Supported Text. A half day course, using colour coding to help children with communication and /or literacy difficulties. Click here for details !
ATTENTION & LISTENING :- Why are attention & listening skills so crucial ?how can we help to develop these core skills? this session includes a copy of our Attention & Listening Groups pack. For more details click here
To find out more about our training services, or to ask us about designing something to meet your specific needs contact us today on firstname.lastname@example.org.
FIND OUT about Specialist second opinions