TA survival course
This half day training course provides:
- Links to the new SEN code of practice
- Tools to help you recognise pupils with SLCN
- Key practical strategy ideas to support pupils at a universal level across the curriculum.
- An understanding of the need for collaborative working practices for pupils with SLCN
- The ‘TA Survival Kit’ packed and ready to go to enable you to put what you have learned into practice immediately.
Course date: - 20th April 2020 CLICK HERE TO BOOK
Costs - £115 per person or book 2 places for £180 (includes TA survival kit)
Supporting children with SLCN at KS1 and 2
An introduction to SLCN and Processing Information & Instructions
This whole day course includes:-
- Information about SLCN, incidence and types of need.
- The Language for Learning ‘Model of Speech, Language and Communication’.
- Tools to help you recognise children with SLCN.
- An exploration of the reasons why children with SLCN find it difficult to process information and instructions in the classroom.
- Key practical strategies to support children at a universal level across the curriculum.
- A bag of resources ready to use in your school
Course date: 2nd April 2020: 9.30 – 3.30pm
Cost: £160.00 per person, or book 2 for £250.00
Click here to book, or contact us for information
Join our network of Language Leaders for free CPD events
contact us for details of FREE training events coming up
SSLEUTHS :-Soundswell Screening Language Expression & Understanding Tracker Handbook for Special Schools. Suitable for those who want a simple, practical way to accurately identify language levels and staff working with pupils who are hard to assess. Want to know more, click here for flier
MAKATON foundation course :- A 2 day foundation course - new dates added each term. CLICK HERE FOR OUR LATEST COURSE
PHONOLOGICAL AWARENESS:- coming soon, a course designed to help schools understand and assess phonological awareness skills which impact upon reading
SWAP:- a course designed to support those working with picture exchange systems - FEEDBACK FROM THE LATEST SWAP COURSE IS ON OUR NEWS PAGE click here for details
WELLCOMM:- Our enhanced Wellcomm speech and language toolkit course is a half day - book it for your setting and start seeing measurable progress within weeks ! click here for more details
COMMUNICATE IN PRINT:- Learn how to make visual support tools to create visual timetables, worksheets, communication boards, books, posters, signage to support a Total Communication environment Click here for details .
COSST:- Communication and Symbol Supported Text. A half day course, using colour coding to help children with communication and /or literacy difficulties. Click here for details !
ATTENTION & LISTENING :- Why are attention & listening skills so crucial ?how can we help to develop these core skills? this session includes a copy of our Attention & Listening Groups pack. For more details click here
FIND OUT about Specialist second opinions